Facebook is no longer the new frontier of marketing. It’s become an established channel many real estate agents use to obtain more (and better) leads. So, how do real estate agents capture new leads in today’s technologically advanced society? Facebook, of course! Dustin Brohm is back to share Facebook retargeting strategies to help you, the realtor, get in front of the right people with your Facebook ads.
The Facebook pixel is an effective retargeting tool
Custom Audiences: Lookalike Audiences
If you’re good at your job (which I’m sure you are) you likely have a list of people who recently purchased. With custom audiences, you can upload that list to Facebook, and then have Facebook do some magic to find similar individuals (AKA lookalike audiences) who are looking to buy or sell a house. You can also build a custom audience based on your website or social traffic. The settings you can use are endless, so don’t get lost in all the details. Anyone who clicks on a certain page can be one audience, people who watch a percentage (20%, 50%, 75%, etc) of your videos can be another audience, and so on.
How long should I target my custom audience with an ad?
Think of Facebook ads as a way to constantly be refreshing your list of potential clients. Dustin recommends a tiered approach when setting the duration for your ad campaigns. One ad may target visitors who have landed on your site within the last 10-30 days, while another ad may target everyone who has viewed your content in the last 60 days. Not everyone is going to buy after the first interaction (in fact, this is RARE), but targeted ads over 60-120 days will help you build brand recognition that may eventually convert to business.
Motion means higher interaction: use carousel ads to show multiple properties (or multiple rooms in one property)
If you are unfamiliar with the Facebook carousel ad format, get familiar! This ad format is perfect for it’s visual appeal, making real estate the perfect candidate. The carousel ad format essentially allows the advertisers to display a series of images in a catalog type format so viewers can scroll through and view multiple images or listings. The multiple photos also mean this single ad has multiple pathways to convert.
Outline of this great episode
- [0:45] Facebook ads and audience retargeting
- [1:15] The OJ “Bill Murray” AKA Dustin Brohm is back!
- [2:30] Custom audience targeting using Facebook’s retargeting pixel
- [7:45] Dustin explains Notable Delivery and the ideal ad duration
- [11:30] Facebook lookalike audiences
- [15:00] How to use your social media to attract real estate clients
- [18:30] Dustin shares what he is doing to convert leads
- [22:30] Check out The Massive Agent Society!
- Mason McDuffie Mortgage
- www.KnightBarry.com – check them out for all your title needs.
- www.EasyAgentPro.com/OJ – get $100 off by using this link (both my site and my company’s website are EAP sites… check them out below)
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode
- How to Use Custom Audiences for Better Performing Real Estate Facebook Ads VIDEO
- To get my free pdf business plan, text “roundbox” to 44222
- To get my 11-question listing presentation tips, text “listing” to 44222
- To contact me about coaching, check out Roundbox Coaching
- Join the FACEBOOK Group: Onion Juice – Ideas for Real Estate Agents
- And… my personal website – NeilMathweg.com
Connect with me!
You can find my personal real estate coaching website here
And connect with me on ANY of the following social channels. I LOVE social!
And finally, if you would be so kind – leave a rating and review for the Onion Juice podcast on Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes)