The Juice Bar is open! In today’s episode I’ll answer your questions about social media, knowing the right time to leave your job, daily routines you can use as an agent and how to encourage a spouse that is frustrated or discouraged about your work as a real estate agent. Chances are, you have asked many of the same questions that these listeners have raised. Join me for this Q & A and then join us over on the Facebook group to interact!
What is the most important daily activity for a new agent?
Follow-up is the most important daily activity a new agent can do. Chances are, you have a list of people who talked to you at one point because they were interested in buying or selling a house. Maybe the timing wasn’t right, maybe life was crazy for a bit…whatever the reason, It’s time to follow-up with that person, they will appreciate the personal communication!
Some of you are running Facebook ads, but not following up with the leads that are generated! That’s crazy! If you have clients from Facebook, your method to attract business is working, so make the time to reach out and provide outstanding customer service! If you do that well, you may not have to chase business as much, as satisfied customers love to share their experience with friends!
As a real estate agent, how can I use YouTube to learn, and promote my business?
There are thousands of videos on YouTube that talk about real estate, so the question “which videos should I watch?” is a valid one. Here’s the problem though, sometimes too much of a good thing is not a good thing. There is so much content on YouTube, it may be more of a distraction if you don’t have a clear plan and a vision for how you want to do business. For example, my team is focused on hosting open houses. With that in mind, I might go on YouTube to search for videos from other agents who have mastered open houses, then copy what they do. I learn and improve, but I am not distracted by all of the other “shiny things” that don’t fit into my clear vision. To hear more on this subject, check out the full episode!
How do you know when it’s the best time to leave your job and go all in?
If you have struggled with the idea of leaving another job to pursue real estate full time, here is what I would recommend. When you believe in your vision and have your vision dialed in, it’s time to go. That sounds simple, maybe even a little scary, but the reality is, your clear vision will motivate you forward, and your needs will be met as a result. If you need help creating a clear plan, I would love to chat with you! Check out the rest of this episode to learn more!
How can an introvert become a successful agent
I love this question! The idea that extroverts are the most successful real estate agents is a misnomer. I suspect that the agents who consider themselves introverts are also some of the most caring, detail-oriented, attentive people in the business. There are advantages to both personalities. The solution is not your personality, introverted or extroverted, but to build a business around your strengths. What are you good at? How do you best communicate with people? If you are introverted, knocking on doors may be the stuff of nightmares…maybe email and social media campaigns are more your speed? Figure out where you thrive and what brings you the most joy, then build your real estate business from those foundations!
Outline of this great episode
- [1:15] What is the most important daily activity for a new agent? – follow up. Look at the [3:15] Every agent needs a clear plan
- [3:45] How to treat your business like a new business
- [7:30] What YouTube videos new agents should watch?
- [10:00] Other than routine shows, how do you break into YouTube marketing?
- [13:00] Should I join a real estate team?
- [16:30] How can I get a negative spouse on board with my business?
- [21:00] What are some good resources on the art of negotiation?
- [23:45] How do you know when it’s best to leave your full time job and go all in?
- [25:00] How can an introvert become a successful agent (quiet, Susan Cain). Build around your strengths. What are you good at – service and detail – loves to take care of people. How to meet people though? Setup for customer service, online? Open House?
- Mason McDuffie Mortgage
- www.KnightBarry.com – check them out for all your title needs.
- www.EasyAgentPro.com/OJ – get $100 off by using this link (both my site and my company’s website are EAP sites… check them out below)
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode
- Never Split The Difference by Chris Voss
- Quiet By Susan Cain
- Shannon Milligan
- Caleb Jahr
- To get my free pdf business plan, text “roundbox” to 44222
- To get my 11-question listing presentation tips, text “listing” to 44222
- To contact me about coaching, check out Roundbox Coaching
- Join the FACEBOOK Group: Onion Juice – Ideas for Real Estate Agents
- And… my personal website – NeilMathweg.com
Connect with me!
You can find my personal real estate coaching websitehere
And connect with me on ANY of the following social channels. I LOVE social!
And finally, if you would be so kind – leave a rating and review for the Onion Juice podcast on Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes)