Open houses don’t sell homes. So why would you want to do them? Truth is, they are a great way to get into the flow of buyers. And it is a very inexpensive way for new Real Estate agents to get into the business. In this episode, I explain the ways that open houses benefit your business if you go all-in on them. And I give you proven ideas to help you host the ultimate open house. Listen in to learn how doing open houses as your chase pillar can help you build your business.
To host the ultimate open house, you have to get the word out
The first thing you need to do for an open house is to create great fliers. Then use your blog, social media, and even door-knocking to get the word out as well. Even when these things don’t bring people to your open house, they help create top of mind awareness, which is always a good thing for your business. On this episode of The Onion Juice Podcast, you will learn how to use all of these resources not only to promote your open house but also to create an open door for future business.
When you do an open house, it’s really important to have a lead-gen magnet
Open houses do occasionally sell homes. But more often they generate leads for future business. It is important to have something to offer the potential buyers who attend. If I help them, give them value, they are going to respect me and want to work with me. On this episode, I share several lead-gen ideas that have worked for me and tell you about an app that is a great benefit to both buyers and agents. Listen in to find out how effective an open house can be for generating leads for future business!
There is power in not knowing the answers.
Are you hesitant to host open houses because you might not know the answers to potential buyers’ questions? You probably don’t want to put the time and effort into researching and learning every detail about the house before your event. But, good news – not knowing answers may actually be to your benefit! Listen to this episode of The Onion Juice Podcast to find out why.
How to get people to sign in at your open house
Do you want to be sure that you collect contact information for the people who attend your open houses? On this episode, I tell you how I use a survey that can be filled out as potential buyers go through the house. This survey then provides you with helpful information that you can use to follow up with the guests who came to your open house. Listen to today’s podcast to hear about the survey and a dozen other great ideas for hosting the ultimate open house!
Outline of this great episode
- [0:24] Welcome to the Onion Juice Podcast!
- [1:57] Intro to today’s show on how to conduct the ultimate open house!
- [5:07] With open houses, you have to go all in.
- [5:52] Thank you to our sponsors, Knight Barry Title, and Easy Agent Pro.
- [7:37] Thank you for the outpouring of laughs and encouragement on the 100th episode!
- [8:40] Roundbox coaching. Develop a clear, consistent, and congruent plan.
- [10:53] Make sure you have great fliers for your open house.
- [12:41] Door-knocking before and after an open house can help generate future business.
- [14:21] When you do an open house, it is really important to have a lead-gen magnet.
- [20:46] There is actually power in not knowing all the answers.
- [21:36] Be sure to use enough signage.
- [22:24] I’m a brand new agent. How do I start doing open houses?
- [22:46] How to get people to sign in at your open houses.
- [24:52] Call to offer a same-day private showing to a guest who showed strong interest.
- [26:49] How to create urgency for your open house (when you’re in a buyers’ market).
- [27:29] Post your questions and concerns about open houses in the Facebook group.
Resources and Links mentioned in this episode
Home Scouting app
Our sponsors: www.KnightBarry.com
For free pdf business plan, text “roundbox” to 44222
To get the 11 question listing presentation, text “listing” to 44222
Join the Onion Juice – Ideas for Real Estate Agents Facebook Group
Follow Neil on:
Leave a rating and review on iTunes